[omaha] Anyone used Ninja IDE?

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Thu Jun 27 00:59:56 CEST 2013

Rope is cool, I use it with Editra and Sublime.   I've got pycharm but I
only use pycharm every now and then.   Too many bells and whistles, I get
distracted.  I like simple interfaces that I can extend.  Vim is cool in
this respect too.  The only other thing I demand is multi-OS support.
Don't like an OS specific editors.

On that track, what 3rd party add ons do you use?
Besides Rope I like pylint.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Mike Hostetler
<mike at squarepegsystems.com>wrote:

> Yes, the argument never changes. But I did want to share my post on how I
> got IDE functionality working in Emacs.
>
> And Rope is available for Vim.
> On Jun 26, 2013 4:45 PM, "Jay Bendon" <jaybocc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > +1 for the comic though.  We can probably skip the rest of the thread and
> > just paste in an old vi/m vs emacs thread. ;)
> >
> > --Jay
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:42 PM, Jay Bendon <jaybocc2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Emacs is great too, but i already have an operating system. :)
> > >
> > > --Jay
> > >

> > > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 4:40 PM, Mike Hostetler <
> > mike at squarepegsystems.com

> half

> > http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/2012/06/25/slicing-some-python-with-emacs/

> > also