[omaha] Matts Visit

Burch Kealey bkealey at unomaha.edu
Sat Jun 22 16:57:05 CEST 2013

I am going to jump off a ledge here and do the following

1- Reserve a room at UNO's Mammell Hall for July 1 from 4:30 to 7:30
2. Plan a 45 minute social arrival window
3. Schedule Matt to be on for a 'talk' from 5:15 to 6:15
4. Have up to 1/2 hour for questions and audience exchange
5. Make arrangements for pizza to be delivered around 6:30
6: Have more social - mingling time from 6:30/6:45 until 7:30 - pizza and soft drinks
7. Award a $100 gift card to Manning, O'Reilly or Best-Buy to one of the attendees who registers on the event page I will create using Eventbrite sometime this weekend and is present when we have the drawing.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Once I send the Eventbrite link though I would really appreciate it if you would forward this far and wide - I am assuming right at this moment we can get the auditorium (the last public event in the auditorium was Warren Buffett sending his first tweet so Matt will be in august company).

As an aside I will make sure all the faculty who are teaching at PKI right now have the link and ask them to send it to their students.

MATT you have to indicate if this works for you - particularly is the speaking time enough or too much!!

I want to tell you that this is going to be tough because I am starting a sabbatical this week and I thought I was going to get a clean break - not the case (that is a little dry-humor if you don't get it don't sweat it).

Burch T Kealey, PhD
Associate Professor of Accounting
Director of MAcc Program
Hockett Professor of Accounting
OFFICE: MH-228-CC
Direct 402-554-3571
Assistant (Darryl Burgdorf) 402-554-3650
MAIL TO:

University of Nebraska at Omaha
6708 Pine Street
MH 228-CC