[omaha] Easy install of a private gitorious server.

Jeff Hinrichs - DM&T jeffh at dundeemt.com
Tue Feb 5 01:54:18 CET 2013

If you need private as in HIPAA you need it and there isn't another way.
 However, if you can swing it (scrub the sensitive bits out that tend to
accumulate in a private repo) outsourcing is a  good thing for a repos.

Besides having distributed repos, bitbucket has an api, so I can bring a
copy down weekly to tape.  Big fan of bitbucket team -- use it at
work/personal.  No jabs at github, but I like hg -- haven't needed the mind
bending things git is capable of, but bitbucket supports git too.  And yes,
I have a github account too ;)

Best,

Jeff
p.s. not having to administer day to day repo back end, hardware, upgrades.
 Can't say that I'm sorry about that.

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM, Matthew Nuzum <newz at bearfruit.org> wrote:

> Instead of using Gitorious, might as well go ahead and do Gitlab. It uses
> Gitorious at its heart but gives you some of the best features of Github as
> well.
>

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 4:57 PM, Rob Townley <rob.townley at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hey, if other people want a real private repository for say HIPAA
> > reasons, the following video is so easy.
> >
> > http://getgitorious.com/installer
> >
> > is a video from one of the gitorious.org developers promising your own
> > private version of gitorious.org can be installed in about 30 minutes
> > and is pretty much unattended.
> >

> --
> Matthew Nuzum
> newz2000 on freenode, skype, linkedin and twitter
>
> ♫ You're never fully dressed without a smile! ♫

Best,

Jeff Hinrichs
402.218.1473