[omaha] Python Editors (was :Upcoming Meeting Topic ?)

Brad Siegfreid brad at iridiumdesign.com
Tue Nov 10 17:56:48 CET 2009

On Mac I use TextMate for Django work. There are some good plugins for it with short cuts and syntax highlighting. Its not an IDE by any stretch but its a top notch text editor. I'd rather have a great editor than a mediocre IDE any day.

For my day job I use IntelliJ IDEA for Java work and it is a very nice IDE. I haven't tried the latest version or with anything other than Java. Unfortunately working with Python and Django has totally ruined any remain interest in Java.