[omaha] Sorry

Burch Kealey bkealey at mail.unomaha.edu
Tue Sep 9 16:03:47 CEST 2008

I hit reply w/o thinking
Burch Kealey
Sent by my Blackberry;

----- Original Message -----
From: Burch Kealey [bkealey at mail.unomaha.edu]
Sent: 09/09/2008 08:32 AM EST
To: "Omaha Python Users Group" <omaha at python.org>
Subject: [omaha] Re Python

Hi Mike

Thanks for taking the time for me last night. I think I found a piece of code last night that will help solve this problem. I just don't understand it so I will send it to you for discussion. Basically if we find the position in the string where Principal position is then we need to find the closest table tag w/o using Bsoup. A shortcut will be to not begin at the beginning but start at some fraction of the position where PP exists. I am thinking that we would take the integer that is the result of taking  the string location for PP and say divide by 7.

While I appreciate your coding I also want/need help with learning the language so when I get to the office and find that code again I first want to talk about its syntax. This before modifying the code because otherwise I will not learn anything.

Burch
Burch Kealey
Sent by my Blackberry;