[Numpy-discussion] copy="never" discussion and no deprecation cycle?

Juan Nunez-Iglesias jni at fastmail.com
Wed Jun 23 21:01:45 EDT 2021

Personally I was a fan of the Enum approach. People dislike it because it is not “Pythonic”, but imho that is an accident of history because Enums only appeared (iirc) in Python 3.4. In fact, they are the right data structure for this particular problem, so for my money we should *make it* Pythonic by starting to use it everywhere where we have a finite list of choices.

Juan.