[Numpy-discussion] Comment published in Nature Astronomy about The ecological impact of computing with Python

YueCompl compl.yue at icloud.com
Wed Nov 25 02:55:09 EST 2020

I'm imagining a study on programmer and maintainer's time spent on a given problem, tackled in different programming languages, maybe Python can be shown to reduce GHG on the contrary.

It goes like this: Many human programmers/administrators/managers eat beef or likes as they grow up, as cattle produces great amount of GHG, and optimization experts need more years to graduate ... So Numpy actually used less emission to gain greater yields in works demanding optimization, i.e. the ecosystem scales up to more people not being optimization experts themselves, yet get serious work done.