[Numpy-discussion] Add sliding_window_view method to numpy

Sebastian Berg sebastian at sipsolutions.net
Thu Nov 5 11:55:08 EST 2020

Hi all,

just a brief note that I merged this proposal:

    https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/17394

adding `np.sliding_window_view` into the 1.20 release of NumPy.

There was only one public API change, and that is that the `shape`
argument is now called `window_shape`.

This is still a good time for feedback in case you have a better idea
e.g. for the function or parameter names.

Cheers,

Sebastian