[Numpy-discussion] Opportunities for a NumPy sprint in Japan

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 07:46:05 EDT 2020

On Thu, Mar 12, 2020 at 3:41 PM Matti Picus <matti.picus at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/3/20 8:14 am, David Cournapeau wrote:
> >
> > I will try to join the meeting next week though (where are the info to
> > join ?),
> >
> > David
> >

> The next one will be a community meeting on Wed Mar 18, 11am California
> time on this zoom channel https://berkeley.zoom.us/j/762261535.

Unfortunately, 11 a.m. pacific time is particularly difficult to make it in
Japan (3 a.m. here).

Would it be possible to instead prepare questions beforehand, and manage
those asynchronously ?

I am looking for the following:

1. Issues that are good for first timers. Pretty much all of my team has
experience in python, and knows the core numpy, and has easy access to both
mac and linux. Not many people have experience with C or Cython.
2. Doc and issues that require digging: this is good too, my team needs to
learn this.

In that context, I can try to do some triaging myself before the 18th march
meeting, and get confirmation about the list ?

I can myself review some PRs as well, but as this is review time in the
quarter and I have a large team, I may not be able to do deep PRs.

David