[Numpy-discussion] About the apply in GSoD

Christian Nakata christian.nakata.acbs at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 18:11:13 EDT 2020

Hello members of Numpy Community

My name is Christian Takashi Nakata
Currently, I'm working with computer vision in my master's degree and your
project ideas for the GSoD caught my attention.
I've always wanted to work on open source projects, especially in libraries
that I usually use.

I would like to begin contributing to the Numpy documentation.
However, I never worked with open source projects and I wanted to know
where I should begin to write a GSoD project proposal.

I would like to work with refactoring the current documentation aimed at
beginners.
For example, in my opinion, the page "NumPy: the absolute basics for
beginners" is too verbose.
The amount of information on that page can blur useful information from
beginner users.
The page could be divided into subtopics that jump to other pages,
minimizing the amount of information that the user will face for the first
time.

Together, I intend to create new How Tos so that beginners will find it
easier to work with the library.
E.g. finishing the "How to read and write data using NumPy" page.

Best regards,
Christian T. Nakata