[Numpy-discussion] [Feature Request] Add alias of np.concatenate as np.concat

Eric Wieser wieser.eric+numpy at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 10:43:20 EDT 2020

I agree with all of Ralf's points, except for perhaps this one:

> I also don't see a reason to conform to TensorFlow (or PyTorch, or
Matlab, or whichever other library)

Python itself has a name for this function, `operator.concat` - so _maybe_
this sets a strong enough precedent for us to add an alias.

But we already diverge from the stardard library on things like
`np.remainder` vs `math.remainder` - so my feeling is this still isn't
worth it.

Eric