[Numpy-discussion] Precompute shape of ufunc output.

drtodd13 drtodd13 at comcast.net
Wed Dec 2 21:07:07 EST 2020

If I want to provide the "out" kwarg to, for example, a reduce ufunc then I
need to know the shape of the output given the other set of inputs.  Is
there a utility function to take these arguments and just compute what the
shape of the output is going to be without actually computing the result?
Would be nice if there were a standard kwarg for many functions that just
tells you the shape of the output without actually computing it but I don't
think that exists.  Any ideas appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Sent from: http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/