[Numpy-discussion] A minor milestone

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Sat Sep 8 14:02:51 EDT 2018

There are probably a LOT of Windows users getting numpy from conda as well.

(I know my CI's and users do...)

It'd be nice if there was some way to track real usage!

-CHB

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 7, 2018 at 11:16 PM Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> >  but on Travis I install it half a dozen times every day.
>>
>> Good point. I wonder if there's any way to take that into account when
>> considering whether to drop versions.
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Sep 2018 at 15:14, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

>>> Linux
>>> systems
>>> open
>>> and
>>>
>>> Well, keep in mind also that it's counting installs, not users...
>>> people destroy and reinstall Linux systems a *lot* more often than
>>> they do Windows/macOS systems, what with clouds and containers and CI
>>> systems and all. On my personal laptop I install numpy maybe once per
>>> release, but on Travis I install it half a dozen times every day.
>>>

> Would be interesting if the travisCI and appveyor downloads could be
> separated out.
>
> Chuck

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov