[Numpy-discussion] numpy pprint?

Mark Harfouche mark.harfouche at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 05:07:04 EST 2018

 Foad,

Thanks but I know it is very bad:

   - it does not work properly for floats
   - it only works for 1D and 2D
   - there can be some recursive function I believe.

I think this is the awesome part about being able to write 10 lines of code
that are specified to representing exactly 1 thing.

Other than that, yeah, encouraging people to transition from matlab is
challenging. Matlab is definitely good at doing matrix operations. Python3
somewhat helps in that regard.

I'm super glad you are bringing usability issues up and working toward
solving them.

Maybe you can describe the interface for python you find practical to
introduce to newcomers so as to motivate the discussion?

Mark