[Numpy-discussion] PR to add an initializer kwarg to ufunc.reduce (and similar functions)

Eric Wieser wieser.eric+numpy at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 16:14:23 EDT 2018

To reiterate my comments in the issue - I'm in favor of this.

It seems seem especially valuable for identity-less functions (`min`,
`max`, `lcm`), and the argument name is consistent with `functools.reduce`.
too.

The only argument I can see against merging this would be `kwarg`-creep of
`reduce`, and I think this has enough use cases to justify that.

I'd like to merge in a few days, if no one else has any opinions.

Eric