[Numpy-discussion] New NEP: merging multiarray and umath

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Mar 12 15:25:20 EDT 2018

On Mar 12, 2018 12:02, "Charles R Harris" <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:

If we accept this NEP, I'd like to get it done soon, preferably and the
next few months, so that it is finished before we drop Python 2.7 support.
That will make maintenance of the NumPy long term support release through
2019 easier.

The reason you're seeing this spurt of activity on NEPs and NEP
infrastructure from people at Berkeley is that we're preparing for the
upcoming arrival of full time devs on the numpy grant. (More announcements
there soon.) So if it's accepted then I don't think there will be any
problem getting it implemented by then.

-n