[Numpy-discussion] NumPy 1.15 release schedule

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 14:44:31 EDT 2018

Hi All,

I'm thinking of branching NumPy in the middle/end of April. That is quicker
than usual, but there don't seem to be any major changes proposed for the
near future, we have merged a reasonable number of PRs, and a Python 3.7
compatible release of Cython looks to be forthcoming. An early release will
also give us time for possibly two following releases before we drop Python
2.7 support. With that schedule, I also propose to drop Python 3.4 support
in NumPy 1.16.

Thoughts?

Chuck