[Numpy-discussion] Introduction: NumPy developers at BIDS

Stefan van der Walt stefanv at berkeley.edu
Tue Apr 10 12:59:41 EDT 2018

Hi Eric,

On Sun, 08 Apr 2018 08:02:19 -1000, Eric Firing wrote:
> On 2018/04/07 9:19 PM, Stefan van der Walt wrote:
> > We would love community input on identifying the best areas & issues to
> > pay attention to,
>
> What is the best way to provide this, and how will the decisions be
> made?

These are good questions.  We are also new at this, so while we have
some ideas on how things could work, we may have to refine the process
along the way.

We want to operate as openly as we can, so discussing ideas on the
mailing list is a preferred first option.  But we're also open to
inchoate ideas and recommendations (including on how we run things on
our end) via email.  Unless instructed explicitly otherwise, those ideas
will likely bubble up into posts here anyway.

Since we're learning the ropes, we'd like to expose the team to a wide
variety of ideas.  Visitors to the team are most welcome---please reach
out to me if you want to talk to us, either in person or via video chat.

Can you help us think of good ways to learn "community priorities"?
E.g., for GitHub issues, should we take monthly polls, count the number
of "thumbs up"s, consider issues with the most comments, or tally the
number of explicit mentions of team members?

Best regards,
Stéfan