[Numpy-discussion] Dropping support for Accelerate

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 10:05:30 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 6:48 AM, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 2:19 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
>>> I updated the bit about OpenBLAS wheel with some more information on
>>> the status of that work. It's not super important, but FYI.
>>
>> Maybe remove the bit (of my text) that you crossed out, or removed the
>> strikethrough and qualify?  At the moment it's confusing, because I
>> believe what I wrote is correct, so leaving in there and crossed out
>> looks kinda weird.
>
> Eh, it's a little weird because there's no specification needed
> really, we can implement it any time we want to. It was stalled for a
> long time because I ran into arcane technical problems dealing with
> the MacOS linker, but that's solved and now it's just stalled due to
> lack of attention.
>
> I deleted the text but feel free to qualify further if you think it's useful.

Are you saying that we should consider this specification approved
already?  Or that we should go ahead without waiting for approval?  I
guess the latter.  I guess you're saying you think there would be no
bad consequences for doing this if the spec subsequently changed
before being approved?  It might be worth adding something like that
to the text, in case there's somebody who wants to do some work on
that.

Cheers,

Matthew