[Numpy-discussion] F2PY problems with PGI compilers

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Aug 14 04:05:52 EDT 2017

Ralf Gommers kirjoitti 14.08.2017 klo 09:51:
>     I'm definitely at a lose here. I have no idea how to make F2PY work
>     with the PGI compilers. I'm beginning to think F2PY is completely
>     borked unless you use the defaults (gcc).
>

> That's not the case. Here is an example when using the Intel Fortran
> compiler together with either MSVC or Intel C compilers:
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/building-numpyscipy-with-intel-mkl-and-intel-fortran-on-windows

Note that it is not necessary to use f2py for compiling. It can also
just generate the C and fortran source files necessary --- although you
need to also compile and link in fortranobject.[ch] which are found
inside the numpy folders, and supply the correct Python and numpy
include paths see numpy.get_includes().