[Numpy-discussion] update on mailing list issues

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 06:18:22 EDT 2016

Hi all,

We've had a number of issues with the reliability of the mailman setup that
powers the mailing lists for NumPy, SciPy and several other projects. To
address that we'll start migrating to the python.org provided
infrastructure, which should be much more reliable.

Looks like we have to migrate at least:
AstroPy
IPython-dev
IPython-user
NumPy-Discussion
SciPy-Dev
SciPy-User
SciPy-organisers

Some of the other ones that are not clearly obsolete but have almost zero
activity (APUG, Nipy-devel) we'll have to contact the owners. *-tickets may
be useful to archive. The other ones will just be cleaned up, unless
someone indicates that there's a reason to keep them around.

And a pre-emptive thanks to Didrik and Enthought for taking on the task of
migrating the archives and user details.

Cheers,
Ralf