[Numpy-discussion] [ANN/FYI] workshop on python compilers @ SciPy this year, with relevance to numpy

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Tue Mar 22 02:45:23 EDT 2016

Hi numpy-discussion,

Wanted to pass on this workshop announcement here, since one of the
motivations for this was the realization that with PyPy and Pyston
both actively working on getting numpy working, we'll probably soon
have *three* JIT platforms actively attempting to write their own
version of numpy (see the website below for details), and it would be
nice to avert that if we can :-). So it'd be great to have some
representation from numpy (and projects like numpy, e.g. dynd or
pandas).

---

What: A two-day workshop bringing together folks working on JIT/AOT
compilation in Python.

When/where: July 11-12, in Austin, Texas.

(This is co-located with SciPy 2016, at the same time as the tutorial
sessions, just before the conference proper.)

Website: https://python-compilers-workshop.github.io/

Note that I anticipate that we'll be able to get sponsorship funding
to cover travel costs for folks who can't get their employers to foot
the bill.

Cheers,
-n