[Numpy-discussion] Appveyor Testing Changes

G Young gfyoung17 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 18:21:28 EST 2016

With regards to testing numpy, both Conda and Pip + Virtualenv work quite
well.  I have used both to install master and run unit tests, and both pass
with flying colors.  This chart here
<http://conda.pydata.org/docs/_downloads/conda-pip-virtualenv-translator.html>
illustrates
my point nicely as well.

However, I can't seem to find / access Conda installations for slightly
older versions of Python (e.g. Python 3.4).  Perhaps this is not much of an
issue now with the next release (1.12) being written only for Python 2.7
and Python 3.4 - 5.  However, if we were to wind the clock slightly back to
when we were testing 2.6 - 7, 3.2 - 5, I feel Conda falls short in being
able to test on a variety of Python distributions given the nature of Conda
releases.  Maybe that situation is no longer the case now, but in the long
term, it could easily happen again.

Greg