[Numpy-discussion] Should I use pip install numpy in linux?

Robert McGibbon rmcgibbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:07:32 EST 2016

Does anyone know if there's been any movements with the PyPI folks on
allowing linux wheels to be uploaded?

I know you can never be certain what's provided by the distro, but it seems
like if Anaconda can solve the
cross-distro-binary-distribution-of-compiled-python-extensions problem,
there shouldn't be much technically different for Linux wheels.

-Robert