[Numpy-discussion] GSoC?

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 18:02:52 EST 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:55 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 11:48 PM, Chris Barker <chris.barker at noaa.gov>
> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Ralf,
>>
>> Note that we have always done a combined numpy/scipy ideas page and
>>> submission. For really good students numpy may be the right challenge, but
>>> in general scipy is easier to get started on.
>>>

>> yup -- good idea. Is there a page ready to go, or do we need to get one
>> up? (I don't even know where to put it...)
>>

> This is last year's page:
> https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2015-project-ideas
>
> Some ideas have been worked on, others are still relevant. Let's copy this
> page to -2016- and start editing it and adding new ideas. I'll start right
> now actually.

OK first version:
https://github.com/scipy/scipy/wiki/GSoC-2016-project-ideas
I kept some of the ideas from last year, but removed all potential mentors
as the same people may not be available this year - please re-add
yourselves where needed.

And to everyone who has a good idea, and preferably is willing to mentor
for that idea: please add it to that page.

Ralf