[Numpy-discussion] [SciPy-Dev] Multi-distribution Linux wheels - please test

Matthew Brett matthew.brett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 13:21:19 EST 2016

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 3:29 AM, Daπid <davidmenhur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6 February 2016 at 21:26, Matthew Brett <matthew.brett at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> pip install -f https://nipy.bic.berkeley.edu/manylinux numpy scipy
>> python -c 'import numpy; numpy.test()'
>> python -c 'import scipy; scipy.test()'
>

> All the tests pass on my Fedora 23 with Python 2.7, but it seems to be
> linking to the system openblas:
>
> numpy.show_config()
> lapack_opt_info:
>     libraries = ['openblas']
>     library_dirs = ['/usr/local/lib']
>     define_macros = [('HAVE_CBLAS', None)]
>     language = c

numpy.show_config() shows the places that numpy found the libraries at
build time.  In the case of the manylinux wheel builds, I put openblas
at /usr/local , but the place the wheel should be loading openblas
from is <numpy-install-locatin>/.libs.  For example, I think you'll
find that the numpy tests will still pass if you remove any openblas
installation at /usr/local .

Thanks for testing by the way,

Matthew