[Numpy-discussion] linux wheels coming soon

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Apr 13 18:38:40 EDT 2016

I can reproduce in self-compiled 1.9, so it's not a new bug.

I think something's going wrong with NPY_SIGINT_ON / NPY_SIGINT_OFF,
where our special sigint handler is getting left in place even after
our code finishes running.

Skimming the code, my best guess is that this is due to a race
condition in how we save/restore the original signal handler, when
multiple threads are running numpy fftpack code at the same time (and
thus using NPY_SIGINT_{ON,OFF} from multiple threads).

-n