[Numpy-discussion] composition of the steering council (was Re: Governance model request)

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Fri Sep 25 08:27:55 EDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:45 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:45 AM, Sebastian Berg
> <sebastian at sipsolutions.net> wrote:

[...]
>> About using the commit log to seed, I think there are some old term
>> contributers (David Cournapeau maybe?), who never stopped doing quite a
>> bit but may not have merge commits. However, I think we can start of
>> with what we had, then I would hope Chuck and maybe Ralf can fill in the
>> blanks.
>

> AFAIK, I still have merge commits. I am actually doing a bit of numpy
> development ATM, so I would prefer keeping them, but I won't fight it
> either.

For the record -- Sebastian's "not have merge commits" here I think
means that looking at git history shows that you haven't
reviewed/merged any other people's pull requests in the time period
we've been looking at for the steering council discussion. AFAIK you
do still have write permission to the repository on github, and there
hasn't been any proposal to change those permissions around. (I'd
certainly be in favor of *not* restricting commit permission to just
the "steering council". But we can talk about that later once we've
figured out what the steering council actually is :-).)

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith -- http://vorpus.org