[Numpy-discussion] Steering Committee Size

Travis Oliphant travis at continuum.io
Wed Sep 23 17:43:27 EDT 2015

On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 3:25 AM, Sebastian Berg <sebastian at sipsolutions.net>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trying to figure out at least a bit from  the discussions. While I am
> happy with the draft, I wonder if someone has some insights about some
> questions:
>
> 1. How large crowds have examples of working well with apache style voting?

I don't have experience with this, other than Python mailing list where it
is fine.

> 2. How large do we expect numpy steering council to be (I have always
> thought about 10).

I don't know.  I don't think this is set as far as I'm aware.

3. More on  opinions, how large does the community feel is too large (so
> that we should maybe elect people).
>
> And to maybe more a discussion point, does the community feel that those
> who would be/are affectivly now in the Steering Council do not sufficiently
> represent old time contributers who were not active in the past year(s).

As I mentioned before, I am happy to serve on the initial seed council to
help transition more fully to this style of governance.

-Travis