[Numpy-discussion] Governance model request

Francesc Alted faltet at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 06:39:59 EDT 2015

Hi Fernando,

I am happy that you decided to chime in here.  This thread derailed in a
bad way and I hope that your wise words will help to redress the situation.

In fact, I would like to propose you having part of a future steering
committee of NumPy.  I know that you may never have been implied in the
hard core development of NumPy, but my perception is that your opinions are
highly respected by almost everybody in the NumPy ecosystem.  More than
that, you have this rare ability of being able to get both a donation from
Microsoft and at the same time (same year?) being awarded by the FSF, which
frankly, is not an easy thing to do ;)

Just to clear, I am not saying that you should act as the person for
deciding the roadmap for NumPy at all, but a person that should be in
charge of acting as an independent referee in the foreseeable Conflicts of
Interest in the NumPy roadmap.

Sorry if that means more work for you Fernando, because I know that you
have become a very busy person, but I also know how much do you care about
the NumPy ecosystem, and IMHO the NumPy community needs a person like you
*now*.

Francesc

Francesc Alted