[Numpy-discussion] facebook, twitter, and g+

Bryan Van de Ven bryanv at continuum.io
Tue Sep 22 23:14:03 EDT 2015

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 9:58 PM, Charles R Harris <charlesr.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> Just posting to elicit thoughts about scipy.org having a presence in social media for announcements.

Of the ones listed in the subject, I would suggest Twitter is the most valuable. It has been great for release and other announcements. I find Facebook and G+ a little odd for software projects personally, though I guess they could be useful if you wanted to have somewhat longer "posts". But of course that's also yet more for someone to have maintain.

One additional consideration is that some people will inevitably attempt to elicit technical support over these channels. I generally have to steer people to the mailing list immediately.

Bryan