[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: stop supporting 'setup.py install'; start requiring 'pip install .' instead

Nathan Goldbaum nathan12343 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:25:30 EDT 2015

Interestingly, conda actually does "setup.py install" in the recipe for
numpy:
https://github.com/conda/conda-recipes/blob/master/numpy-openblas/build.sh

I'm not sure if this is the one they use to build the anaconda package, I
think they have internal versions of most of the recipes on conda-recipes.