[Numpy-discussion] Backwards-incompatible improvements to numpy.random.RandomState

Alan G Isaac alan.isaac at gmail.com
Sun May 24 09:08:12 EDT 2015

On 5/24/2015 8:47 AM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
> Values only change if you leave out the call to seed()

OK, but this claim seems to conflict with the following language:
"the global RandomState object should use the latest implementation of the methods".
I take it that this is what Nathan meant by
"I think this is just a bug in the description of the proposal here, not in the proposal itself".

So, is the correct phrasing
"the global RandomState object should use the latest implementation of the methods, unless explicitly seeded"?

Thanks,
Alan