[Numpy-discussion] Removal of Deprecated Keywords/functionality

Daniele Nicolodi daniele at grinta.net
Sun Jun 21 05:29:45 EDT 2015

On 21/06/15 01:07, Charles R Harris wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 3:32 PM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com
> <mailto:njs at pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Jun 20, 2015 1:43 PM, "Charles R Harris"
>     <charlesr.harris at gmail.com <mailto:charlesr.harris at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     >
>     > Hi All,
>     >
>     > There are three long ago deprecations that I am not sure how to handle.
>     >
>     > keywords skiprows and missing in genfromtxt, deprecated in 1.5.

I believe you mean skip_rows here, which got replaced by skip_header.

> Note that the "skiprows" keyword is still used in loadtxt. It should
> probably be deprecated there for consistency, but it is possible that
> some use it as a positional argument.

The interface of loadtxt and genfromtxt are rather different, why would
only this discrepancy be a problem?  As far as I know there is no
replacement for the skiprows argument in loadtxt and it is definitely an
useful feature.

Cheers,
Daniele