[Numpy-discussion] FeatureRequest: support for array construction from iterators

Stephan Sahm Stephan.Sahm at gmx.de
Fri Dec 11 17:27:27 EST 2015

numpy.fromiter is neither numpy.array nor does it work similar to
numpy.array(list(...)) as the dtype argument is necessary

is there a reason, why np.array(...) should not work on iterators? I have
the feeling that such requests get (repeatedly) dismissed, but until yet I
haven't found a compelling argument for leaving this Feature missing (to
remember, it is already implemented in a branch)

Please let me know if you know about an argument,
best,
Stephan