[Numpy-discussion] Numpy-vendor vcvarsall.bat problem.

Charles R Harris charlesr.harris at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 10:02:53 EDT 2015

On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 3:33 AM, David Cournapeau <cournape at gmail.com> wrote:

> Which command exactly did you run to have that error ? Normally, the code
> in msvc9compiler should not be called if you call the setup.py with the
> mingw compiler as expected by distutils

I'm running numpy-vendor which is running wine inside ubuntu inside a vm.
The relevant commands are

        run("rm -rf ../local")
        run("paver sdist")
        run("python setup.py install --prefix ../local")
        run("paver pdf")
        run("paver bdist_superpack -p 3.4")
        run("paver bdist_superpack -p 3.3")
        run("paver bdist_superpack -p 2.7")
        run("paver write_release_and_log")
        run("paver bdist_wininst_simple -p 2.7")
        run("paver bdist_wininst_simple -p 3.3")
        run("paver bdist_wininst_simple -p 3.4")

Which don't look suspicious. I think we may have changed something in
numpy/distutils, possibly as part of
https://github.com/numpy/numpy/pull/6152

Chuck