[Numpy-discussion] genfromtxt universal newline support

Chris Barker chris.barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jun 30 16:46:52 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:31 AM, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 30 Jun 2014 17:05, "Chris Barker" <chris.barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
>

> > Anyway, this all ties in with the text file parsing issues...
>
> Only tangentially though :-)

well, a fast text parser (and "text mode") input file will either need to
deal with Unicode properly or not. But your point is well taken. We did
have a good thread about  his a few months back, which resulted in the
usual thing of kind of withering away with no decision or action.

But I've added it to the list to talk about at SciPy...

-Chris

>  maybe start another thread if you want to talk about that?

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov