[Numpy-discussion] Cython requirement?

Daπid davidmenhur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 14:53:46 EDT 2014

On 6 July 2014 20:40, Benjamin Root <ben.root at ou.edu> wrote:

> When did Cython become a build requirement? I remember discussing the use
> of Cython a while back, and IIRC the agreement was that both the cython
> code and the generated C files would be included in version control so that
> cython wouldn't be a build requirement, only a developer requirement when
> modifying those files.

The policy was changed to not include them in VC, but to them in the
releases, not to pollute the repository and avoid having C files not
matching the pyx, IIRC. The change was fairly recent, I was only able to
dig this email mentioning it:

http://numpy-discussion.10968.n7.nabble.com/numpy-git-master-requiring-cython-for-build-td37250.html

/David.