[Numpy-discussion] help using np.correlate to produce correlograms.

Jose Guzman sjm.guzman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:02:51 EST 2014

Dear list,

I'm trying to compute the cross correlation and cross correlograms from
some signals. For that, I'm testing  first np.correlate with some
idealized traces (sine waves) that are exactly 1 ms  separated from each
other. You can have a look here:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/JoseGuzman/myIPythonNotebooks/blob/master/Signal_Processing/Cross%20correlation.ipynb

Unfortunately I am not able to retrieve the correct lag of 1 ms for the
option 'full'. Strange enough, if I perform an autocorrelation of any of
the signals,I obtain the correct value for a lags =0 ms. I' think I'm
doing something wrong to obtain the lags.

I would appreciate If somebody could help me here...

Thanks in advance

Jose
--
Jose Guzman