[Numpy-discussion] PEP 465 has been accepted / volunteers needed

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Mon Apr 7 19:23:56 EDT 2014

Hey all,

Guido just formally accepted PEP 465:
  https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2014-April/133819.html
  http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0465/#implementation-details

Yay.

The next step is to implement it, in CPython and in numpy. I have time
to advise on this, but not to do it myself, so, any volunteers? Ever
wanted to hack on the interpreter itself, with BDFL guarantee your
patch will be accepted (if correct)?

The todo list for CPython is here:
    http://legacy.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0465/#implementation-details
There's one open question which is where the type slots should be
added. I'd just add them to PyNumberMethods and then if someone
objects during patch review it can be changed.

-n

--
Nathaniel J. Smith
http://vorpus.org