[Numpy-discussion] multiprocessing, numpy and 32-64 bit cohabitation

Christoph Gohlke cgohlke at uci.edu
Thu Sep 19 18:12:14 EDT 2013

On 9/19/2013 1:06 AM, Henry Gomersall wrote:
> On 19/09/13 09:05, Henry Gomersall wrote:
>> I've had feedback that this is possible. Give me a few hours and I'll
>> see what I can do...
>
> I mean that it builds under win 64-bit. I'll prob push a .exe.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Henry

It's probbly the wrong place to suggest/discuss this... To build PyFFTW
with MSVC one could replace the C99 headers and types with their numpy
counterparts, e.g. `double complex`->`np.complex128`. There would be no
need for `complex.h` or `stdint.h`. IIRC, with MSVC the `long double`
type is identical to `double`. PyFFTW will likely not work with mingw
compiled libfftw3l-3.dll and msvc compiled numpy. Maybe an option to map
all fftwl functions to their fftw counterparts would work. That way it
will also be possible to link PyFFTW to Intel's MKL (instead of
libfftw3*-3.dll), which does not support `long double` types.

Christoph