[Numpy-discussion] Really cruel draft of vbench setup for NumPy (.add.reduce benchmarks since 2011)

Yaroslav Halchenko lists at onerussian.com
Sat Sep 7 10:33:56 EDT 2013

On Fri, 06 Sep 2013, Daπid wrote:
>      some old ones are
>      still there, some might be specific to my CPU here

>    How long does one run take? Maybe I can run it in my machine (Intel i5)
>    for comparison.

In current configuration where I "target" benchmark run to around 200ms
(thus possibly jumping up to 400ms) and thus 1-2 sec for 3 actual
runs to figure out min among those -- on that elderly box it takes about
a day to run "end of the day" commits (iirc around 400 of them) and then
3-4 days for a full run (all commits).  I am not sure if targetting
200ms is of any benefit, as opposed to 100ms which would run twice
faster.

you are welcome to give it a shout right away
http://github.com/yarikoptic/numpy-vbench

it is still a bit ad-hoc and I also use additional shell wrapper
to set cpu affinity (taskset -cp 1) and renice to -10 the benchmarking
process.

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko, Ph.D.
http://neuro.debian.net http://www.pymvpa.org http://www.fail2ban.org