[Numpy-discussion] memmory management question

Pierre Haessig pierre.haessig at crans.org
Mon Oct 28 09:25:45 EDT 2013

Le 28/10/2013 13:40, Robert Kern a écrit :
> > What I didn't find (by quick googling) is how to access the original
> > array. Is it possible to access it (with Python code) ?
>
> a.base
Thanks! Is there a specific paragraph I missed in the user guide ?

I had googled "numpy access original array" and  first result is
http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/user/basics.indexing.html
In this document, it is mentionned several time that slicing yields
"views of the original data", but the .base attribute is not mentionned.
Should it be or is it out-of-scope of the Indexing guide ?

best,
Pierre