[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] MATLAB ODE solvers - now available in Python

Dmitrey tmp50 at ukr.net
Sat Oct 5 14:36:48 EDT 2013

--- Исходное сообщение ---
От кого: "David Goldsmith" < d.l.goldsmith at gmail.com >
Дата: 5 октября 2013, 20:15:38

MCR stands for MATLAB Compiler Runtime and if that's all it requires, that's great, 'cause that's free.  Look forward to giving this a try; does the distribution come w/ examples?

Seems like using the MATLAB solvers with MCR requires my wrappers containing in several files to be compiled with MATLAB Compiler before. I have no license for MATLAB thus I may have problems if I'll make it done and will spread it with OpenOpt suite code, also, binary files are incompatible with BSD license.
On the other hand, IIRC a little bit obsolete MATLAB versions (I don't think difference is essential) have more liberal licenses.
As for MATLAB solvers examples, I have already mentioned them in the mail list, you could see them in http://openopt.org/ODE (just replace solver name from scipy_lsoda to ode23s or any other), http://openopt.org/NLP , http://openopt.org/SNLE