[Numpy-discussion] genfromtxt() skips comments

Albert Kottke albert.kottke at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:08:11 EDT 2013

I noticed that genfromtxt() did not skip comments if the keyword names is
not True. If names is True, then genfromtxt() would take the first line as
the names. I am proposing a fix to genfromtxt that skips all of the
comments in a file, and potentially using the last comment line for names.
This will allow reading files with and without comments and/or names.

The difference is here:
https://github.com/arkottke/numpy/compare/my-genfromtxt

Albert

p.s. insert some disclaimer about my first pull request