[Numpy-discussion] Polar/spherical coordinates handling

Angus McMorland amcmorl at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 11:33:13 EDT 2013

On 29 March 2013 11:15, Todd <toddrjen at gmail.com> wrote:
> From what I can see, numpy doesn't have any functions for handling polar or
> spherical coordinate to/from cartesian coordinate conversion.  I think such
> methods would be pretty useful.  I am looking now and it doesn't look that
> hard to create functions to convert between n-dimensional cartesian and
> n-spherical coordinates.  Would anyone be interested in me adding methods
> for this?

I use these co-ordinate transforms often. I wonder if it wouldn't be
preferable to create a scikit focused on spherical or, more generally,
geometric operations rather than adding to the already hefty number of
functions in numpy. I'd be interested to contribute to such a scikit.

Angus
--
AJC McMorland
Research Associate