[Numpy-discussion] add .H attribute?

Stéfan van der Walt stefan at sun.ac.za
Wed Jul 24 03:30:55 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM, Sebastian Haase <seb.haase at gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel that adding a method
> .H()
> would be the compromise !

Thinking about this more, I think it would just confuse most users...
why .T and not .H; then you have to start explaining the underlying
implementation detail.  For users who already understand the
implementation detail, finding .T.conj() would not be too hard.

> (( I would not open the discussion about ndarray vs. matrix -- it gets
> far to involving and we would be talking about far-future directions
> instead of "a single letter addition", which abvious already has big
> enough support and had so years ago))

I am willing to write up a NEP if there's any interest.  The plan
would be to remove the Matrix class from numpy over two or three
releases, and publish it as a separate package on PyPi.

Stéfan