[Numpy-discussion] add .H attribute?

Bryan Van de Ven bryanv at continuum.io
Mon Jul 22 16:04:47 EDT 2013

On the other hand, the most salient quality an unavoidable copy is that it is unavoidable. For people for whom using Hermitian conjugates is common, it's not like they won't do it just because they can't avoid a copy that can't be avoided.  Given that if a problem dictates a Hermitian conjugate be taken, then it will be taken, then: a.H is closer to the mathematical notation, eases migration for matlab users, and does not require everyone to reinvent their own little version of the same function over and over. All of that seems more compelling that this particular arbitrary convention, personally.

Bryan