[Numpy-discussion] Windows, blas, atlas and dlls

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Fri Feb 22 14:21:45 EST 2013

On 22.02.2013 19:54, Sergio Callegari wrote:

>> from scipy.linalg.blas import fblas
>> dgemm = fblas.dgemm._cpointer
>> sgemm = fblas.sgemm._cpointer
>>

> OK, but this gives me a PyCObject. How do I make it a function
> pointer of the
> correct type in cython?

In cython I do not know it. I coded it directly in C.

In my code I receive the pointer in input2. The relevant part is:

     PyObject *input1;
     PyObject *input2 = NULL;
     /*pointer to dgemm function */
     void * gemm_pointer = NULL;

     /** statements **/
     if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "OO", &input1, &input2))
         return NULL;

     if (input2 != NULL){
#if PY_MAJOR_VERSION >= 3
         if (PyCapsule_CheckExact(input2))
             gemm_pointer = PyCapsule_GetPointer(input2, NULL);
#else
             gemm_pointer = PyCObject_AsVoidPtr(input2);
#endif
       if (gemm_pointer != NULL)
       {
      	/* release the GIL */