[Numpy-discussion] Windows, blas, atlas and dlls

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Mon Feb 18 16:47:59 EST 2013

18.02.2013 23:29, V. Armando Sole kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I find Dag's approach more appealing.
>
> SciPy can be problematic (windows 64-bit) and if one could offer access
> to the linear algebra functions without needing SciPy I would certainly
> prefer it.

Well, the two approaches are not exclusive. Moreover, there already
exist Cython wrappers for BLAS that you can just take and use.

Windows 64-bit is probably problematic for everyone who wants to provide
binaries --- I don't think there's a big difference in difficulty in
making binaries for a light Cython wrapper to BLAS/LAPACK vs. providing
the whole of Scipy :)

--
Pauli Virtanen